Bucatini amatriciana with peeled tomatoes
Made with Mutti Whole peeled tomatoes
Generously fleshy and firm, Mutti peeled tomatoes have their skins removed and then they are immersed in a delicious, velvety passata. Processing and packaging all occur within 24 hours of harvesting to preserve the authentic taste of freshly picked tomatoes. They have many different uses in the kitchen and are perfect for traditional Mediterranean recipes.
40 min (COOK TIME: 40 min)
of bucatini pasta
of guanciale cut into small chunks
(or smoked pancetta)
Monini Extra Virgin Olive Oil
tin Mutti Peeled Tomatoes
of dry white wine
of pecorino cheese
Share the ingredient list
Bucatini amatriciana with peeled tomatoes: Method
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil.
- Heat a large skillet and add 1 tbsp of oil, add the guanciale and chilli and cook over medium low heat for 2-3 minutes or until the fat has rendered out and the pork is caramelized.
- De-glaze the pan with the wine and cook out the alcohol (1 minute or so). Add the tomatoes, break them up with a fork and cook over medium-high heat for 15-20 minutes.
- When the water is boing add the bucatini and stir well. Cook to a a few minutes short of “al dente”, strain with a slotted fork or using tongs straight into the sauce, dragging along some pasta cooking water.
- Cook in the sauce for 1 minute, then turn the heat off, sprinkle with pecorino and serve hot.