Quick and easy tomato soup made with peeled tomatoes
Made with Mutti Whole peeled tomatoes
Generously fleshy and firm, Mutti peeled tomatoes have their skins removed and then they are immersed in a delicious, velvety passata. Processing and packaging all occur within 24 hours of harvesting to preserve the authentic taste of freshly picked tomatoes. They have many different uses in the kitchen and are perfect for traditional Mediterranean recipes.
onions, finely chopped
400 tin Mutti Peeled Tomatoes
Mutti® Double Concentrated Tomato Paste
Generous sea salt
Ground black pepper, to taste
Share the ingredient list
Quick and easy tomato soup made with peeled tomatoes: Method
- Heat oil over medium heat in a saucepan.
- Cook onions and garlic stirring for 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, vegetable stock, tomato paste and pepper.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until slightly thickened
- Puree with a hand stick blender or ordinary blender.
- Serve this quick and easy tomato soup warm with a melted cheese toasted sandwich.