Braised squid with baby Roma tomatoes
Made with Mutti Baby Roma tomatoes
Baby Roma are small, delicious, elongated tomatoes that stand out for their sweet flavour and fleshy texture. They are very carefully harvested and processed extremely quickly so that their freshly picked taste can be preserved. As their skin is very thin, they are ideal for use in quick sauces or for enjoying with shellfish and seafood.
30 min (COOK TIME: 30 min)
x 300g tin Polpa Baby Roma Chopped Tomatoes
small brown onion
Pinch dried chili flakes
(fresh ground black pepper)
cleaned squid tubes & tentacles
x 400g tin butter beans
¼flat leaf parsley
Extra virgin olive oil to drizzle
Share the ingredient list
Braised squid with baby Roma tomatoes: Method
- Place a medium saucepan over a medium, high heat. Add the olive oil, onion, garlic, chilli, a pinch of salt and sweat for 3 minutes.
- Add the Polpa Baby Roma Chopped Tomatoes and olives to the pan and cook for 3 minutes.
- Slice the squid tubes into thick slices and add them to the tomatoes along with the tentacles and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the butter beans and mix through along with the chopped parsley.
- Serve with lemon cut into wedges and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.