Monkfish pasta with tomato puree
Made with Tomato puree
Mutti Passata is a very versatile product that can be used in quick dishes due to the fact it is already reduced, as well as in slower cook dishes like Bolognese. However it is cooked it will retain its bright red colour, velvety texture and sweet flavour. Velvety smooth with no skins or seeds, it takes 2kg of fresh tomatoes to make 1kg of Mutti Passata.
20 min (COOK TIME: 20 min)
farro pennete pasta
(or similar, e.g. penne)
glass white wine
extra virgin olive oil
Share the ingredient list
Monkfish pasta with tomato puree: Method
- Clean the monkfish by removing the bone, if present, and cut the flesh into cubes.
- Heat the olive oil in a non-stick pan and brown the fish.
- Scatter a tablespoon of chopped parsley over the top, add the white wine and let it evaporate, then add the passata.
- Cook for about 20 minutes.
- Boil the pasta in lightly salted water until al dente, drain, and add the sauce.