Baked steak pizzaiola with tomato puree
Made with Cherry tomatoes
Renowned for being extremely sweet with an intense fragrant flavour, Mutti Cherry Tomatoes are ripened under the warm sun of southern Italy and carefully selected to offer the freshness of just-harvested fruit all year round. They are soft and succulent yet maintain their form well. As the skin of Mutti Cherry Tomatoes has a thin texture, they are ideal to make quick, delicious sauces or even to use straight out of the tin in place of fresh tomatoes.
40 min (COOK TIME: 40 min)
brown onion, diced
garlic thinly sliced
dried chili flakes
Mutti Cherry Tomatoes
grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
Salt and pepper, to taste
Share the ingredient list
Baked steak pizzaiola with tomato puree: Method
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Preheat a heavy cast iron pan over medium high heat with olive oil.
- Add the sirloin steaks and sear briefly on both sides until golden, then remove and set aside.
- Add onion, garlic and chili and sauté until onion is translucent.
- Add the Mutti Cherry Tomatoes and crush the tomatoes gently using a wooden spoon.
- Add the Mutti Passata, then season with salt and pepper and stir until combined. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Return the steaks to the pan immersing them in the sauce.
- Top with cheese, basil and breadcrumbs and place in the oven to bake for 12-15 minutes until the steaks are cooked to your liking.
- Serve with sautéed cavolo nero.