Gnocchi alla siciliana made with tomato puree
Made with Mutti Passata
Mutti Passata is a very versatile product that can be used in quick dishes due to the fact it is already reduced, as well as in slower cook dishes like Bolognese. However it is cooked it will retain its bright red colour, velvety texture and sweet flavour. Velvety smooth with no skins or seeds, it takes 2kg of fresh tomatoes to make 1kg of Mutti Passata.
30 min (COOK TIME: 30 min)
hot red chilli pepper
extra virgin olive oil
Share the ingredient list
Gnocchi alla siciliana made with tomato puree: Method
- Trim the aubergine and dice. Heat the oil in a frying pan and gently fry the garlic, the aubergine pieces and a little hot pepper.
- Cook for about 20 minutes, stirring every so often. Add the white wine and let it reduce over a gentle heat.
- Next, add the passata and cook for a further 10 minutes; finally, add a little parsley and the basil.
- Meanwhile, cook the gnocchi in plenty of salted boiling water, drain when they come to the surface and top with the prepared sauce.
- Lastly, add the diced mozzarella, mix, and serve gnocchi alla siciliana hot.
- As a variation, you can also add a handful of finely chopped walnuts to the sauce. Instead of the mozzarella, you can use pecorino shavings.