Tomato bruschetta with anchovy and buffalo mozzarella
Made with Mutti Passata
Mutti Passata is a very versatile product that can be used in quick dishes due to the fact it is already reduced, as well as in slower cook dishes like Bolognese. However it is cooked it will retain its bright red colour, velvety texture and sweet flavour. Velvety smooth with no skins or seeds, it takes 2kg of fresh tomatoes to make 1kg of Mutti Passata.
20 min (COOK TIME: 20 min)
For the anchovy & sun dried tomato paste
Mutti Double Tomato Paste
dried chilli flakes
sundried tomatoes & a dash of olive oil from the jar
For the bruschetta
French baguette stick, cut into thick
buffalo mozzarella, sliced
Olive oil, to drizzle
of Fresh basil
Dried chilli flakes
Sea salt & pepper
Share the ingredient list
Tomato bruschetta with anchovy and buffalo mozzarella: Method
- Heat the grill to 180 degrees.
- Place baguette slices onto lined baking trays, drizzle with olive oil and pop into the oven to brown.
- In a food processor, add all the paste ingredients, until well combined. Set aside anchovy & sun-dried tomato paste.
- Spread a generous amount of paste onto each toasted baguette slice, top with a slice of buffalo mozzarella and drizzle with olive oil.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves, dried chili flakes and a dusting of sea salt & pepper. Serve on a platter and eat immediately.
- Storage: anchovy & tomato paste will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.