Rougaille made with tomato puree
Made with Mutti Passata
Mutti Passata is a very versatile product that can be used in quick dishes due to the fact it is already reduced, as well as in slower cook dishes like Bolognese. However it is cooked it will retain its bright red colour, velvety texture and sweet flavour. Velvety smooth with no skins or seeds, it takes 2kg of fresh tomatoes to make 1kg of Mutti Passata.
30 min (COOK TIME: 30 min)
bottle Mutti Passata Tomato Puree
can Mutti Organic Peeled Tomatoes
(deveined prawns (or a protein of your choice))
extra virgin olive oil
of ground cumin
sprigs of thyme
of chopped coriander
of brown sugar
Salt and pepper
Share the ingredient list
Rougaille made with tomato puree: Method
- In a medium saucepan, add 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil over medium heat and add the prawns. Cook the prawns until they are slightly pink.
- Transfer prawns to a bowl and leave them to the side.
- In the same pan, add the remaining oil over medium heat.
- Add onions and garlic, then fry until golden.
- Add the Mutti Passata Tomato Puree and Mutti Organic Peeled Tomatoes followed by brown sugar, chilli, curry leaves and thyme.
- Cook for roughly 10 minutes over medium heat until the sauce thickens.
- Stir in cumin, salt and pepper.
- Add prawns and stir in the chopped coriander.
- Serve the rougaille with either rice or roti.