CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION
Golden Tomato Cook 2023
Please read these instructions carefully before registering for the cooking competition.
1. The organiser of competition is Mutti S.p.A, VIA TRAVERSETOLO, 28, 43022, Fraz/ Piazza – Montechiarugolo, PARMA, ITALY, and the following party commissioned by Mutti S.p.A: Jellybean Creative Solutions, 15 – 17 The Crescent, Leatherhead, Surrey KT22 8DY.
ELIGIBILITY: The competition is open to home cooks who are UK residents over the age of eighteen (18) (excludes professional chefs). The Organiser, its parent company, subsidiaries and affiliates and their respective employees, directors, officers, shareholders, successors, assigns, agents, and consultants (collectively, the “Organiser Partners”), and the Organiser Partner’s immediate families and persons living in their households, are not eligible to enter the competition. The competition shall be staged in compliance with all applicable competition laws.
By entering, in so far as permitted by law entrants release Mutti S.p.A and the party commissioned by Mutti S.p.A (jellybean) from any responsibility and all liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses, death or damages of any kind caused by participation in the Contest or in connection with acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prizes provided pursuant to the competition, except where it is caused by the negligence Mutti S.p.A or jellybean, their agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
2. Duration and key dates. Mutti S.p.A offers consumers the opportunity to enter our cooking competition. Participation is possible until 23:59 on 26th September 2023. For submissions by post, the date of the postmark applies. The five semi-finalists selected will be contacted by jellybean by end of day 29th September 2023. They then face online voting in the form of their menu recipes. The resulting three finalists will be contacted by 13th October 2023. They must cook against each other on 19th October 2023 in the final at Sauce by The Langham in London. By entering this competition, you confirm that you are available all day on 19th October 2023 to travel to London for the live final starting from 9am until 10pm (accommodation and travel allowances are in point 3). Please note that if you are not available on this date, you will not be able to take part in this competition and your entry will be discarded. There will be an evening event where the winner will be announced. For this evening event you will be allowed to be joined by one person of your choosing.
3. Participation/Competition. In the cooking competition, The UK’s best tomato cook is sought. Interested parties can enter by providing their best tomato recipes for a starter, main and bonus dish (recipes to serve 4 people), each dish must use a different Mutti ‘essentials’ product (choose from Mutti Polpa finely chopped tomatoes, Mutti Passata, Mutti Double Concentrated Tomato Puree and Mutti Peeled Tomatoes) including photos of each course. Fresh tomatoes must not be used and entries including these will be discarded. Entries using tomato products other than the Mutti Essentials (Mutti Polpa finely chopped tomatoes, Mutti Passata, Mutti Double Concentrated Tomato Puree and Mutti Peeled Tomatoes) will be discarded. Only one submission per person is allowed and you cannot enter on behalf of someone else. Judges (including an independent judge) will select the top 5 menus using a judging criterion of: making the Mutti Essentials product the hero of the dish, originality, presentation (heroing the tomatoes) and overall menu appeal.
Once they have been chosen the 5 semi-finalists will be contacted by jellybean by end of day 29th September 2023, letting them know that they are through to the voting stage. The chosen semi-finalists must respond within 48hrs agreeing to take part in public voting phase and they must also confirm that they are able to attend the final on 19th October 2023 at Sauce by The Langham in London if they go through to the final, otherwise we will have to select an alternative semi-finalist. The 5 menus will be evaluated via online voting, which will be live as soon as all semi-finalists have confirmed participation, no later than 09:00 on 4th October 2023 until 23:59 on 12th October 2023. The public will be asked to select their favourite menu and vote by clicking on the heart button for that menu. Only one vote per computer IP address is allowed and any fraudulent votes will be discarded.
The 3 best entries chosen by the public voting will then be contacted by jellybean on 13th October 2023 and must respond within 48hrs agreeing to take part in the live final on 19th October 2023. They will be invited to attend the final at Sauce by The Langham in London. In the final, the 3 candidates must prepare, cook and present their 3-course menu that they submitted into the competition live at the kitchen site. Please note you will need to provide your own ingredients at your own cost, apart from the Mutti product and plate up 4 portions of each dish. There will be standard utensils for your use at the kitchen venue, but should you have any specialist needs you should bring your own equipment. An independent jury will evaluate each of the dishes based on making the Mutti Essentials product the hero of the dish, originality, presentation (heroing the tomatoes), overall menu appeal and taste. After the jury’s evaluation, the best menu and thus the Golden Tomato Cook winner will be chosen on the same day and place. All 3 selected participants will be awarded in the evening. The main prize is a trip to Parma, Italy for 2 people for 5 nights including accommodation, flights, car hire, a Parma half day food tour excursion and a cooking class with the Italian chef Carlo Casoni. Plus a mentorship from chef Ben Tish (full details in point 8 below).
The 3 finalists will be offered a £250 allowance for travel and accommodation should this be needed and will be permitted to bring a plus one to the evening event.
Only people who have their permanent residence in the UK can participate in the competition. Only participants who have participated with all required information (full name, e-mail, postal code and with photo) will be considered. A cash payment or transferability of the prize to other persons is excluded. If the prize cannot be handed over or is unreasonable, the winners will receive an equivalent replacement. The prizes are presented in detail in point 8.
4. Image and usage rights. With the provision of content (images, recipes), the participants declare that the content is free of third-party rights, i.e. originates from them. The participants indemnified Mutti S.p.A from all claims of third parties that have arisen as a result of the content provided by the participants. The participants agree to support Mutti S.p.A in any reasonable form in the defence of these claims. The participants declare that they have the full rights of use to the uploaded content and thus do not infringe any copyrights of third parties. The image, video and text material created by the participants may be used without restriction by Mutti S.p.A and its commissioned parties in online and print media as well as on common social media channels.
5. Participants, disqualification from the competition. Participation is only possible from the age of 18. In order to participate in the competition, it is absolutely necessary that all personal information is true. Participation via competition clubs and automated services is excluded. As mentioned in the above points you must be available all day on 19th October 2023 to attend the live final cook-off in London. Mutti S.p.A is entitled to exclude individual persons from participation if there are legitimate reasons, such as violation of the conditions of participation, undue influence on the competition, manipulation, etc. To participate in the final of the cooking competition, the hygiene concept of the location must be followed. First and foremost: In case of symptoms of illness, the finale must be avoided.
6. Changes to the rules of participation and termination of the competition. Mutti S.p.A reserves the right to change the conditions of participation at any time. Furthermore, Mutti S.p.A reserves the right to terminate or interrupt the competition at any time for good cause without prior notice. This applies in particular to such reasons that would disrupt or prevent a scheduled course of the competition. If such termination is caused by the conduct of a participant, Mutti S.p.A is entitled to demand compensation from this person for the damage incurred.
7. Consent. The participants agree that their names may be made public and that visual content (photos) in which they appear in connection with the cooking competition may be reproduced and distributed by Mutti S.p.A and the above-mentioned parties without restriction in terms of time and location. The participants grant Mutti S.p.A and the above-mentioned parties the right to use the recipes and images submitted in the context of the cooking competition without restriction, in particular to reproduce, publish and distribute them in online and print media as well as common social media channels for PR purposes. The participant guarantees that no third party depicted in images or audiovisual content does not wish the publication of his portrait. The personal data of the participants will be treated confidentially.
8. Prizes. All three finalists will be awarded prizes. The first place wins a trip to Parma, Italy for 2 people for 5 nights including accommodation, return economy flights to Bologna (dates chosen by winner, but limited as per point 9 below), car hire for a driver aged 25+ with a clean UK license, a Parma half day food tour excursion and a cooking class with Italian chef Carlo Casoni. Plus 2 days mentoring from chef Ben Tish and a Cubitt House Head Chef, including 1 day mentoring at The Princess Royal and 1 day at Barley Mow, 10am to 4pm. A meal for two at one of the Cubitt House venues including a special menu and wine pairings for each course, the dinner will be introduced by the head chef. Mentoring dates and dinner booking must be agreed 2 weeks in advance of the start date and excludes any holidays including bank holidays and busy periods e.g. Christmas/New year etc.
The second place will be awarded a private virtual cooking class with Italian chef Carlo Casoni. This will be a two-hour virtual cooking class (via Zoom) for 2 people, including 2 dishes, with validity of 6 months. Date and time to be agreed with jellybean, as well as the two dishes to be cooked. £50 will be given towards the ingredients needed via direct debit. 3rd place will win a 3-course meal for 2 at one of the Eataly restaurants. An allowance of £150 for a meal for 2 at one of the restaurants in Eataly, London (Al Fresco, Pasta e Pizza, Terra and Central Bar) will be given. This will be given in vouchers. Restaurant booking to be made by winner. And the 4th & 5th place will receive a product package from Mutti including product and some Mutti materials.
The specifics of the prizes shall be solely determined by the Organiser. No other prize substitutions are permitted except at the Organiser’s discretion. The prizes are not transferable.
The arrangement of further details about the trip as well as the coordination of the travel period and booking of the trip with the winner will take place after the award ceremony.
9. Special travel conditions. The winner of the trip To Parma will be put in touch with our travel partner NDL Travel, with whom they’ll be able to arrange the trip. Once the travel dates have been chosen, the winner will need to let jellybean know before booking so that we can check Carlo’s availability for the cooking class.
- Travel is subject to availability at the discretion of NDL Travel and excludes bank holidays, Valentine’s Day/weekend and school holiday periods, specifically the Christmas holidays, summer holidays, spring and autumn half terms and Easter in both the UK and Italy.
- Prize includes return economy flights, all flight taxes and surcharges as well as one piece of checked baggage per person. Subject to availability, departure airport used will be the winners nearest international airport that operates direct flights to Italy. Please note, this may not be your closest airport. If you don’t hold a UK passport you may need a visa for this destination, and this should be arranged with the appropriate embassy. Although please note the cost of a visa of this kind isn’t included in your prize.
- It is the winner’s responsibility to comply with any Covid 19 checks for entering Italy and upon returning to the UK. NDL Group cannot be held responsible for the winner not having the correct travel documentation, test results, vaccinations or following any COVID 19 regulations.
- Your prize includes car hire. Drivers need to be over the age of 25 and have held a full clean driver’s licence for a minimum of 2 years. Fully inclusive refers to unlimited mileage, collision damage waiver, theft protection, local taxes and airport fees. The driver will need to provide the car hire company with a personal credit card that has £500 –£1,000 (variant depending on company) available for a security deposit that is refundable to your card upon the safe return of the vehicle.
- You will be staying in a 4* hotel, sharing a double room with en-suite bathroom on a bed and breakfast basis. If you’d prefer a twin room, we will do what we can to secure this for you, but it cannot be guaranteed. Your prize stay also includes funds to pay tourism tax that is payable locally to the hotel when you check out.
- Food tour is subject to availability at time of booking. Tour departs from Piazza Duomo at 10:30 and includes 5 tastings.
- All prizes must be claimed and booked by the prize winner within 12 months from the date of our initial correspondence with them.
10. Limitations of liability. Mutti S.p.A is only liable for intent and gross negligence as well as for slight negligence in the violation of cardinal obligations. These restrictions do not apply to injuries to body, life and health as well as claims under the Product Liability Act. All information is provided without guarantee. In particular, this refers to the publication of the names of the winners (on the cooking competition website). Mutti S.p.A is not liable for technical failures that lead to the unavailability of the offer, unless there is intent or gross negligence.
11. Other material obtained from the Cooking Competition website or from any other address owned or licensed by Mutti S.p.A may not be copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, mailed, transmitted or distributed in any way, except for downloading a single copy of the material to a single computer for your personal use only, provided that this does not infringe the copyright and other rights and does not affect the author’s designations. Modification of the material or use of the material for other purposes constitutes a violation of copyright and other rights. All trademarks for goods and services as well as trade names belong to Mutti S.p.A or companies affiliated with Mutti S.p.A. Mutti S.p.A is not responsible for any direct or indirect damage resulting from the use or impossibility of use of the material on these websites.
If there are clickable Internet addresses of other companies on our websites, so-called links, we have checked their content when linking to their legal content. However, the content of these external websites is edited by external companies. Therefore, Mutti S.p.A cannot guarantee that the content of these pages always complies with the legal provisions. For further content and in particular for damages resulting from the use or non-use of such information, only the provider of these pages is liable, not the one who merely refers to the respective publication via links. This restriction also applies to third-party entries in guest books, discussion forums and mailing lists set up by Mutti S.p.A and the like.
The liability of Mutti S.p.A for damages due to breaches of duty is governed by the statutory provisions, provided that it is a personal injury or death culpably caused by Mutti S.p.A, the damage falls under the ProdHaftG or is based on intent or gross negligence.
Mutti S.p.A is also liable for damages caused by simple negligence, insofar as this negligence concerns the breach of such contractual obligations, compliance with which is of particular importance for the achievement of the purpose of the contract (cardinal obligations). In this case, however, Mutti S.p.A is only liable if the damages are typically associated with the contract and foreseeable. In the event of simple negligent breaches of non-essential contractual obligations, Mutti S.p.A shall not be liable in all other respects.
Should individual provisions of the conditions of participation be invalid or become invalid, the validity of the remaining conditions of participation shall remain unaffected. They shall be replaced by an appropriate provision that most closely corresponds to the purpose of the invalid provision.
The conditions of participation and the implementation of the cooking competition are subject to UK law.