Golden Tomato Cook: conditions of participation
Golden Tomato Cook 2021
Please read these instructions carefully before registering for the cooking competition.
1. Responsible for the cooking competition is Mutti s.p.a.industrie conserve alimentari, Via Traversetolo, 28, 43022 Montechiarugolo, Italy (hereinafter “Mutti Parma”) and the following party commissioned by Mutti Parma: jellybean, 4 Bridge Street, Leatherhead KT22 8BZ.
ELIGIBILITY: The competition is open to home cooks who are UK residents over the age of eighteen (18) (excludes professional chefs), except that the Organiser, its parent company, subsidiaries and affiliates and their respective employees, directors, officers, shareholders, successors, assigns, agents and consultants (collectively, the “Organiser Partners”), and the Organiser Partner’s immediate families and persons living in their households, are not eligible to enter the competition. The competition shall be staged in compliance with all applicable competition laws.
By entering, in so far as permitted by law entrants release Mutti Parma and the party commissioned by Mutti Parma (jellybean) from any responsibility and all liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses, death or damages of any kind caused by participation in the Contest or in connection with acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prizes provided pursuant to the competition, except where it is caused by the negligence Mutti Parma or jellybean, their agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
2. Duration and key dates. Mutti Parma offers consumers the opportunity to enter our cooking competition. Participation is possible until 23:59 on 21st October 2021. For submissions by post, the date of the postmark applies. The five semi-finalists selected will be contacted by jellybean by 25th October. They then face online voting in the form of their menu recipes. The resulting three finalists will be contacted by 1st November. They must cook against each other on 8th November 2021 in the final in London. By entering this competition, you confirm that you are available all day on 8th November to travel to London for the live final starting from 10:30am until 10pm (accommodation and travel allowances are in point 3). Please note that if you are not available on this date, you will not be able to take part in this competition and your entry will be discarded. There will be an evening event where the winner will be announced. For this evening event you will be allowed to be joined by one person of your choosing.
3. Participation/Competition. In the cooking competition, The UK’s best tomato cook is sought. Interested parties can apply with their best tomato recipes for a starter, main and dessert (to serve 4 people), each using a different Mutti ‘essentials’ product (Mutti Polpa finely chopped tomatoes, Mutti Passata, Mutti Double Concentrated Tomato Puree and Mutti Peeled Tomatoes) including photos of each course. Fresh tomatoes must not be used. Only one submission per person is allowed and you cannot enter on behalf of someone else. Judges (including an independent judge) will select the top 5 menus using a judging criterion of: a different Mutti ‘essentials’ product must be the hero of each course in all recipes, originality, presentation (hero’ing the tomatoes) and overall menu appeal.
Once they have been chosen these 5 semi-finalists will be contacted by jellybean by 25th October 2021, letting them know that they are through to the voting stage. They must also confirm that they are able to attend the final on 8th November 2021 in London, should they go through to the final otherwise we will have to select an alternative semi-finalist. The 5 menus will be evaluated via online voting from 17:00 25th October 2021 until 23:59 on 31st October 2021. The public will be asked to select their favourite menu and vote by clicking on the heart button for that menu. Only one vote per computer IP address is allowed and any fraudulent votes will be discarded.
The 3 best entries chosen by the public voting will then be contacted by jellybean by 1st November 2021 and must respond within 48hrs agreeing to take part in the live final on 8th November 2021. They will be invited to attend the final at a kitchen site in London. In the final, the 3 candidates must prepare, cook and present their 3-course menu that they submitted into the competition live at the kitchen site. Please note you will need to provide your own ingredients at your own cost, apart from the Mutti product. There will be standard utensils for your use at the kitchen venue, but should you have any specialist needs you should bring your own equipment. An independent jury will evaluate each of the dishes based on preparation, taste, presentation, originality, menu appeal and use of Mutti in the dishes. After the jury’s evaluation, the best menu and thus the Golden Tomato Cook winner will be chosen on the same day and place. All 3 selected participants will be awarded in the evening. The main prize is a trip to Parma, Italy for 2 people for 5 nights including accommodation, flights, car hire, a Parma half day food tour excursion and a cooking class with the Italian chef Carlo Casoni (full details in point 8 below).
The 3 finalists will be offered a £250 allowance for travel and accommodation should this be needed and will be permitted to bring a plus one to the evening event.
Only people who have their permanent residence in the UK can participate in the competition. Only participants who have participated with all required information (full name, e-mail, postal code and with photo) will be considered. A cash payment or transferability of the prize to other persons is excluded. If the prize cannot be handed over or is unreasonable, the winners will receive an equivalent replacement. The prizes are presented in detail in point 8.
4. Image and usage rights. With the provision of content (images, recipes), the participants declare that the content is free of third-party rights, i.e., originates from them. The participants indemnified Mutti Parma from all claims of third parties that have arisen as a result of the content provided by the participants. The participants agree to support Mutti Parma in any reasonable form in the defence of these claims. The participants declare that they have the full rights of use to the uploaded content and thus do not infringe any copyrights of third parties. The image, video and text material created by the participants may be used without restriction by Mutti Parma and its commissioned parties in online and print media as well as on common social media channels.
5. Participants, disqualification from the competition. Participation is only possible from the age of 18. In order to participate in the competition, it is absolutely necessary that all personal information is true. Participation via competition clubs and automated services is excluded. As mentioned in the above points you must be available all day on 8th November 2021 to attend the live final cook-off. Mutti Parma is entitled to exclude individual persons from participation if there are legitimate reasons, such as violation of the conditions of participation, undue influence on the competition, manipulation, etc. If necessary, profits can also be subsequently revoked and reclaimed. To participate in the final of the cooking competition, the hygiene concept of the location must be followed. First and foremost: In case of symptoms of illness, the finale must be avoided.
6. Changes to the rules of participation and termination of the competition. Mutti Parma reserves the right to change the conditions of participation at any time. Furthermore, Mutti Parma reserves the right to terminate or interrupt the competition at any time for good cause without prior notice. This applies in particular to such reasons that would disrupt or prevent a scheduled course of the competition. If such termination is caused by the conduct of a participant, Mutti Parma is entitled to demand compensation from this person for the damage incurred.
7. Consent. The participants agree that their names may be made public and that visual content (photos) in which they appear in connection with the cooking competition may be reproduced and distributed by Mutti Parma and the above-mentioned parties without restriction in terms of time and location. The participants grant Mutti Parma and the above-mentioned parties the right to use the recipes and images submitted in the context of the cooking competition without restriction, in particular to reproduce, publish and distribute them in online and print media as well as common social media channels for PR purposes. The participant guarantees that no third party depicted in images or audiovisual content does not wish the publication of his portrait. The personal data of the participants will be treated confidentially.
8. Prizes. All three finalists will be awarded prizes. The first place wins a trip to Parma, Italy for 2 people for 5 nights including accommodation, return economy flights to Bologna (dates chosen by winner, but limited as per point 9 below), car hire for a driver aged 25+ with a clean UK license, a Parma half day food tour excursion and a cooking class with the Italian chef Carlo Casoni. The second place will be awarded an exclusive 8-course dinner menu for 2 people (excluding drinks) at Paul Foster’s Michelin star restaurant Salt in Stratford-upon-Avon, subject to availability and specific dates Mon-Thurs which must be booked in advance, with a 3-month validity. 3rd place will win a cooking class for 2 people at Eataly, London, a choice of selected classes will be given to the winner to take within the next 3 months. And the 4th & 5th place will receive a product package from Mutti including product and some Mutti materials.
The specifics of the prizes shall be solely determined by the Organiser. No other prize substitutions are permitted except at the Organiser’s discretion. The prizes are not transferable.
The arrangement of further details about the trip as well as the coordination of the travel period and booking of the trip with the winner will take place after the award ceremony.
9. Special travel conditions. Holidays in the UK and Italy are excluded as travel dates. There is a pre-booking period of at least 6 weeks. There is no entitlement to carriage on a specific date or by a specific airline. The cost of petrol or diesel (rental car) will be borne by the winners themselves. Costs for arrival and departure to the departure airport will be borne by the winners themselves. The trips are bookable subject to availability. The winners of the trip are responsible for keeping all identification documents, booking confirmations, etc. necessary for the start of the trip. If you don’t hold a UK passport you may need a visa for this destination, and this should be arranged with the appropriate embassy. Although please note the cost of a visa of this kind isn’t included in your prize. The travel conditions of the respective tour operator apply. The trip can be redeemed up to 12 months from the prize being given.
10. Limitations of liability. Mutti Parma is only liable for intent and gross negligence as well as for slight negligence in the violation of cardinal obligations. These restrictions do not apply to injuries to body, life and health as well as claims under the Product Liability Act. All information is provided without guarantee. In particular, this refers to the publication of the names of the winners (on the cooking competition website). Mutti Parma is not liable for technical failures that lead to the unavailability of the offer, unless there is intent or gross negligence.
11. Other material obtained from the Cooking Competition website or from any other address owned or licensed by Mutti Parma may not be copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, mailed, transmitted or distributed in any way, except for downloading a single copy of the material to a single computer for your personal use only, provided that this does not infringe the copyright and other rights and does not affect the author’s designations. Modification of the material or use of the material for other purposes constitutes a violation of copyright and other rights. All trademarks for goods and services as well as trade names belong to Mutti Parma or companies affiliated with Mutti Parma. Mutti Parma is not responsible for any direct or indirect damage resulting from the use or impossibility of use of the material on these websites.
If there are clickable Internet addresses of other companies on our websites, so-called links, we have checked their content when linking to their legal content. However, the content of these external websites is edited by external companies. Therefore, Mutti Parma cannot guarantee that the content of these pages always complies with the legal provisions. For further content and in particular for damages resulting from the use or non-use of such information, only the provider of these pages is liable, not the one who merely refers to the respective publication via links. This restriction also applies to third-party entries in guest books, discussion forums and mailing lists set up by Mutti Parma and the like.
The liability of Mutti Parma for damages due to breaches of duty is governed by the statutory provisions, provided that it is a personal injury or death culpably caused by Mutti Parma, the damage falls under the ProdHaftG or is based on intent or gross negligence.
Mutti Parma is also liable for damages caused by simple negligence, insofar as this negligence concerns the breach of such contractual obligations, compliance with which is of particular importance for the achievement of the purpose of the contract (cardinal obligations). In this case, however, Mutti Parma is only liable if the damages are typically associated with the contract and foreseeable. In the event of simple negligent breaches of non-essential contractual obligations, Mutti Parma shall not be liable in all other respects.
Should individual provisions of the conditions of participation be invalid or become invalid, the validity of the remaining conditions of participation shall remain unaffected. They shall be replaced by an appropriate provision that most closely corresponds to the purpose of the invalid provision.
The conditions of participation and the implementation of the cooking competition are subject to UK law.