Tomato Basil Spaghetti (Spaghetti al Pomodoro)
Made with Passata
Strained Tomatoes (Passata) retain the bright red colour of tomatoes and has a velvety composition with an intense but sweet taste.
15 min (PREP TIME: 15 min)
Mutti Strained Tomatoes
of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Share the ingredient list
Tomato Basil Spaghetti (Spaghetti al Pomodoro): Method
- In a pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the minced garlic and onion and sauté for a minute.
- Add the Mutti Strained Tomatoes (Passata) and tear a few basil leaves into the sauce. Season with a pinch of salt. Stir well and let it simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Cook the Spaghetti Pasta according to the package instructions in salted boiling water, until they are al dente.
- Drain the cooked Spaghetti Pasta and immediately add them to the tomato sauce in the pan. Toss the Spaghetti Pasta in the sauce for about 2 minutes and serve with some fresh leaves of basil.