10 minutes pizza with mozzarella, onion and basil
Made with Flavoured pizza sauce
Mutti® Pizza Sauce with Spices (Salsa per Pizza Aromatizzata) is a rich combination of 100% Italian sun-ripened tomatoes blended with traditional ingredients - aromatic basil, oregano, and onion. It spreads uniformly over the pizza giving it an enticing aroma, bright color, and rich taste. With 30% concentration, it is dense in texture and can be diluted with water without losing its rich consistency. This high performing product creates a greater yield and labor efficiencies in commercial kitchens. Restaurateurs who demand consistency use Mutti® Pizza Sauce with Spices so they can consistently delight their guests every time.
25 min (COOK TIME: 15 min / PREP TIME: 10 min)
large slices country bread
large tablespoons Mutti pizza sauce
3/4 cup (200ml) milk
A pinch of salt/black pepper
small red onion, slices
Fresh basil leaves
Share the ingredient list
10 minutes pizza with mozzarella, onion and basil: Method
- Preheat your oven to 220°C.
- Whisk the eggs and milk together in a bowl, season.
- Let soak bread for 5 minutes both sides on egg mixture. Then transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake in the oven for 7 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven, turn the bread slices upside down. Spread the tomato sauce and sprinkle with oregano. Add red onion rings, and top with mozzarella. You can sprinkle a bit of salt and pepper if you want.
- Put back into the oven in grill mode and bake for 3-5 minutes, until the mozzarella is bubbling and slightly golden.
- Allow to cool for a couple of minutes and serve the pizza french toast sprinkled with fresh basil.
- Enjoy your breakfast!