Grilled flatbread pizza with tomato
Our Mutti Pizza Sauce Aromatica is made with sun ripened 100% Italian tomatoes and enriched with aromatic herbs. It brings a full-bodied taste, enticing aroma and radiant colour to these flatbread pizzas.
Made with Flavoured pizza sauce
Mutti® Pizza Sauce with Spices (Salsa per Pizza Aromatizzata) is a rich combination of 100% Italian sun-ripened tomatoes blended with traditional ingredients - aromatic basil, oregano, and onion. It spreads uniformly over the pizza giving it an enticing aroma, bright color, and rich taste. With 30% concentration, it is dense in texture and can be diluted with water without losing its rich consistency. This high performing product creates a greater yield and labor efficiencies in commercial kitchens. Restaurateurs who demand consistency use Mutti® Pizza Sauce with Spices so they can consistently delight their guests every time.
35 min (COOK TIME: 35 min)
2 flatbread pizzas
For the dough:
Cups of Lukewarm Tap Water
Tsp of Active Dry Yeast
Tbsp Olive Oil
Cups All-Purpose Flour
Mutti Pizza Sauce
Salt/Pepper to taste
Extra virgin olive oil for drizzle
Share the ingredient list
Grilled flatbread pizza with tomato: Method
- Add the heated tap water in a bowl and gently stir the yeast into the water for no more than 5-10 seconds. Set aside and let the yeast bubble and foam for at least 3 minutes.
- Sift together dry ingredients (2 cups of flour, salt and sugar.)
- Add the olive oil to the yeast and water mixture. Then mix the wet and dry ingredients together in a bowl for 1-2 minutes with a wooden spoon.
- Once that’s done, knead the dough for 4-5 minutes by hand until a dough ball is formed, cover with a tea towel and set aside in a warm place.
- When the dough is ready, using a rolling pin, roll half of the dough into a rectangular shape the size of your pizza pan. Repeat for the second pizza.
- Spread a good layer of the Mutti Pizza Sauce, evenly distribute the mozzarella over the flatbread and season with freshly crushed black pepper.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 180˚C. Remove from oven and garnish with the chopped basil, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, then finish under the grill (at 210˚) for 1-2 minutes (keep checking, so it doesn’t burn). Once ready slice into wedges and serve.