Slow cooked ragu made with tomato paste
Made with Mutti Tomato Paste
Double concentrated for a rich, vibrant tomato flavour, our tomato paste is the perfect addition to many dishes to add an intense tomato flavour.
60 min (COOK TIME: 60 min)
(you could also use mushrooms to make this vegan - enokis work well)
sticks of celery
(finely chopped (or even more, why not!))
½ a bunch of thyme
Mutti Double Concentrated Tomato Paste
Mutti Polpa Finely Chopped Tomatoes
Basil & chopped parsley to garnish
Share the ingredient list
Slow cooked ragu made with tomato paste: Method
- In a large heavy-based pan, fry off your beef mince with a good seasoning of salt and pepper, allow the meat to caramelised nicely, then remove from pan.
- Using the beef mince remnants in the pan - sweat off your onions, garlic, onion & thyme in the pan, cook until translucent then add celery, carrot and cook for another 10 or so minutes until the vegetables start to soften.
- Add in Mutti Tomato Paste Double Concentrate, cook for 2 minutes then deglaze with the wine, make sure to get all the sticky bits off the base of the pan.
- Add the cherry tomatoes, Mutti Polpa Finely Chopped Tomatoes and then add back the beef mince.
- Cook for 2.5 – 3 hours on a very low heat, you want to be seeing the slow bubbles coming through as you cook.
- When you’re happy with your ragu, cook your pasta until al dente, then add to a saucepan with the desired amount of sauce. Finish the dish with chopped parsley and fresh basil.