Zucchini balls with tomato sauce
Zucchini balls are a delicious main course. Soft and tasty with this recipe you will conquer both adults and children.
Made with Polpa
Mutti Polpa keeps all the freshness of freshly picked tomatoes. This unique product combines the finely cut pulpy part of the fruit with its own juice.
60 min (COOK TIME: 20 min / PREP TIME: 40 min)
grated Parmesan cheese
1 or 2
virgin olive oil
Mutti Finely Chopped Tomatoes (Polpa)
flour as required
Share the ingredient list
Zucchini balls with tomato sauce: Method
- Cut the bread into squares and soak it in milk for half an hour.
- Grate the zucchini, sprinkle them with salt, put them in a cloth and squeeze very well as to get rid of as much water as possible. Also squeeze the bread very well, make it into crumbs and put it in a bowl.
- Add the zucchini to the crumbled bread, a crushed or chopped clove of garlic, parmesan cheese, two eggs and a spoonful of breadcrumbs.
- Mix well and if the dough is too soft to make balls add some breadcrumbs (if you squeezed the zucchini properly, you won't need it).
- Shape the mixture into balls with your hands and roll them into flour.
- In a 25 cm diameter ring pan, put olive oil, add the meatballs and brown them for a few minutes (do this step twice if they don't all fit into the pan).
- Set aside the cooked Zucchini balls and in the same pan put olive oil and a can of Mutti Finely Chopped Tomatoes (Polpa). Sprinkle with salt and pepper, add a few basil leaves and stir for 10 minutes. Then add the meatballs to season them with the sauce.
- Cook covered for 10 minutes then serve hot