Tomato orecchiette with aubergine and ricotta
10 min (COOK TIME: 10 min)
smoked ricotta goat’s cheese
(or similar, e.g. smoked mozzarella)
Mutti small vine tomatoes
continental spring onion
(or 2 spring onions)
extra virgin olive oil
Share the ingredient list
Tomato orecchiette with aubergine and ricotta: Method
- Boil the fresh orecchiette in plenty of salted water.
- Meanwhile, peel the aubergine and cut it into small cubes, then sauté it in a little oil with the garlic. Once the cubes have browned, remove from the heat and add a basil leaf.
- Prepare the tomato base by browning the spring onion in hot oil and adding the Mutti small vine tomatoes.
- As soon as the pasta is ready, drain it and add it to the aubergine: toss together over the heat to flavour all the pasta.
- Put the orecchiette with the aubergine onto a plate with the small vine tomato sauce, a few basil leaves and the grated smoked cheese.