Tomato artichoke Trastevere
Made with Mutti Cherry tomatoes
Renowned for being extremely sweet with an intense fragrant flavour, Mutti Cherry Tomatoes are ripened under the warm sun of southern Italy and carefully selected to offer the freshness of just-harvested fruit all year round. They are soft and succulent yet maintain their form well. As the skin of Mutti Cherry Tomatoes has a thin texture, they are ideal to make quick, delicious sauces or even to use straight out of the tin in place of fresh tomatoes.
of Mutti Cherry Tomatoes
Juice of 1 lemon
Olive oil for cooking
Share the ingredient list
Tomato artichoke Trastevere: Method
- To make the vinaigrette, add the Mutti Cherry Tomatoes, diced garlic, lemon juice (saving a little for the artichoke) into a small saucepan. Bring it to the boil and then simmer whilst you prepare your artichokes.
- To prepare the artichokes, trim each stalk and snap off the first few layers of leaves until you start to see a yellow-green base.
- Rub the whole artichoke globes with lemon, then trim the whole globe by a third.
- Quarter the artichokes and remove the fluffy middle.
- Pull the leaves apart gently, fry in vegetable oil for about 8-10 until they are golden and crispy.
- Sprinkle with salt and then serve warm with your Mutti vinaigrette.