Crispy pan chicken thigh, tomato and chorizo bake
Made with Mutti Cherry tomatoes
Renowned for being extremely sweet with an intense fragrant flavour, Mutti Cherry Tomatoes are ripened under the warm sun of southern Italy and carefully selected to offer the freshness of just-harvested fruit all year round. They are soft and succulent yet maintain their form well. As the skin of Mutti Cherry Tomatoes has a thin texture, they are ideal to make quick, delicious sauces or even to use straight out of the tin in place of fresh tomatoes.
50 min (COOK TIME: 50 min)
(peeled and sliced)
tin Mutti Cherry Tomatoes
(extra to serve)
(peeled and cut into wedges)
large chicken thigh cutlets
(skin on and bone in)
(on the vine)
Extra virgin olive oil
Crusty bread or boiled potatoes
Share the ingredient list
Crispy pan chicken thigh, tomato and chorizo bake: Method
- Preheat the oven to 200°C fan forced.
- Place the garlic, sugar, vinegar, Mutti Passata, Mutti Cherry tomatoes and basil leaves in a large high sided baking tray. Season with salt and pepper and mix well to combine.
- Arrange the red onion, chorizo and chicken thighs on top of the sauce mixture.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle the chicken skin with sea salt flakes.
- Bake the dish for 30 minutes.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and bake for a further 10-15 minutes or until chicken is browned and cooked through.
- Serve with crusty bread or boiled potatoes and extra basil leaves.