Butter bean bake with cherry tomatoes
Made with Mutti Cherry tomatoes
Renowned for being extremely sweet with an intense fragrant flavour, Mutti Cherry Tomatoes are ripened under the warm sun of southern Italy and carefully selected to offer the freshness of just-harvested fruit all year round. They are soft and succulent yet maintain their form well. As the skin of Mutti Cherry Tomatoes has a thin texture, they are ideal to make quick, delicious sauces or even to use straight out of the tin in place of fresh tomatoes.
1h (COOK TIME: 1h)
medium brown onion
Tbsp olive oil
good quality salt
Tbsp smoked paprika
red capsicum carrot
warm/hot stock of choice
pre-cooked butter/cannellini beans (or 4 can
(drained and rinsed))
Mutti Double Concentrate Tomato Paste
x 400g tins Mutti Cherry Tomatoes
Optional- 3-4 Tbsp smokey chilli sauce
large crusty baguette
(sliced diagonally into approx 12 pieces)
Optional- fresh basil
Share the ingredient list
Butter bean bake with cherry tomatoes: Method
- Use an oven-proof skillet or dish if you would like to make this a one-pot meal. Heat the dish over medium flame, and add the olive oil.
- Once the oil is shimmering add onion and salt and cook over a low flame until the onion is softened and translucent. Next, add garlic and fry off for 30 seconds then add paprika and capsicum and cook for a further 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add stock to the pan, then use a stick blender to almost puree- you still want some texture to the sauce.
- Add beans, tomato paste and cherry tomatoes and bring to a boil, cooking for 5 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200 C. Remove the skillet/dish from the heat, then layer in your bread. Use a spoon to drip sauce on any bits of bread that are sitting above the surface, then bake for 35-40 mins or until a deep colour forms and the bread becomes a little crisp.
- To serve- season well and top with freshly torn basil and enjoy while hot with crusty bread.