Risoni pasta recipe with pippies and cherry tomatoes
Made with Mutti Cherry tomatoes
Renowned for being extremely sweet with an intense fragrant flavour, Mutti Cherry Tomatoes are ripened under the warm sun of southern Italy and carefully selected to offer the freshness of just-harvested fruit all year round. They are soft and succulent yet maintain their form well. As the skin of Mutti Cherry Tomatoes has a thin texture, they are ideal to make quick, delicious sauces or even to use straight out of the tin in place of fresh tomatoes.
60 min (COOK TIME: 60 min)
of dry white wine
of Monini Extra Virgin Olive Oil
spring onion finely chopped
of finely chopped parsley stalks
of risoni pasta
x 400g tin of Mutti Cherry Tomatoes
Salt and pepper for seasoning
Share the ingredient list
Risoni pasta recipe with pippies and cherry tomatoes: Method
- Wash the pipes under cold water.
- Heat up a medium sized pan, add the pippies and wine, close with lid and cook over high heat for 2-3 minutes or until the shells have opened.
- Strain the liquid it and reserve it for later. Set the open pippies aside.
- Heat up the oil in the same pan, add spring onion, parsley stalks, garlic and cook over medium-high heat for 1 minute, watching the garlic closely as it can burn quickly.
- Once it smells fragrant add the risoni, stir and then deglaze with wine. Cook out the alcohol and add the Mutti Cherry Tomatoes, the reserved pippies and wine juices and enough water to submerge the baby pasta.
- Turn the heat to medium low, add a pinch of salt and cook for 6-7 minutes or until al dente. If you think it looks too liquid, turn the heat for 1 minute before the end of cooking time.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust to your liking.
- Serve on a shallow bowl with parsley, drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil and some chili flakes, if liked, or a grounding of white pepper.