Steak Pizzaiola recipe
Made with Passata
Tomato Puree retains the bright red color of tomatoes and has a velvety composition with an intense but sweet taste.
40 min (COOK TIME: 40 min)
brown onion, diced
garlic, thinly sliced
dried chili flakes
Mutti® Cherry Tomatoes
grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
Share the ingredient list
Steak Pizzaiola recipe: Method
- To prepare this steak pizzaiola recipe, preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Preheat a heavy cast iron pan over medium high heat with olive oil.
- Add the sirloin steaks and sear briefly on both sides until golden, then remove and set aside.
- Add onion, garlic and chili and sauté until onion is translucent.
- Add the Mutti Cherry Tomatoes and crush the tomatoes gently using a wooden spoon.
- Add the Mutti Passata, then season with salt and pepper and stir until combined. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Return the steaks to the pan immersing them in the sauce.
- Top with cheese, basil and breadcrumbs and place in the oven to bake for 12-15 minutes until the steaks are cooked to your liking.
- Serve baked steak pizzaiola with sautéed cavolo nero.