Emilia Romagna Regional Pasta Rolls
Made with Parmigiano Reggiano Pasta Sauce
This sauce pairs naturally sweet Rossoro tomatoes with delicious chunks of savory, salty Parmigiano Reggiano cheese crafted in the Emilia Romagna region. Enjoy on pasta, or even out of the jar.
Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
Mutti Rossoro Tomatoes and Parmigiano Reggiano Pasta Sauce
ham or prosciutto
Share the ingredient list
Emilia Romagna Regional Pasta Rolls: Method
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Follow package cooking directions for lasagna noodles. Once cooked transfer to a colander to drain, and then spread a small amount of oil on a flat work surface. Lay the cooked lasagna noodles on the olive oil.
- Heat 2 Tbsp of olive oil in a sauce pan over medium heat, add the garlic until it turns golden brown - about 3 minutes.
- Remove the garlic (set aside) and add the portobello mushrooms and 1 Tbsp of the parsley and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add milk on a low boil and add salt and black pepper. Cook until reduced by half and let cool.
- Once cool, add 1/2 cup of the Mutti®Rossoro Tomatoes and Parmigiano Reggiano Pasta Sauce, ricotta and Parmigiana Reggiano cheese and stir to combine.
- Divide the ricotta mixture over the lasagna pasta strips. Lay approximately 8 fresh spinach leaves on top of the cheese mixture and lightly coat the spinach with olive oil.
- Arrange an equal number of ham or prosciutto slices over the spinach leaves. Gently roll each lasagna sheet into a cylinder, starting at the bottom and rolling up, secure with a toothpick
- Lightly coat a baking sheet with olive oil and place the rolled lasagna rolls lengthwise in the sheet pan. Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place each roll vertically on a serving plate and top with a tablespoon of Mutti®Rossoro Tomatoes and Parmigiano Reggiano Pasta Sauce and sprinkle with remaining parsley.