Lentil and feta pomidor chigirtma
Made with Mutti Polpa
Mutti Polpa Finely Chopped Tomatoes is a unique product that combines the juice of the tomato with its thinly diced flesh, and is able to retain all the freshness of just picked fruit. A very versatile product, Mutti Polpa is perfect for both quick cook dishes and dishes that cook slowly or at high temperatures. It takes 5kg of fresh tomatoes to make 1kg of Mutti Polpa. It is made by the patented Mutti cold crushing method which ensures it retains all the flavour and fragrance of a ripe tomato (and is still a closely guarded secret to this day!).
60 min (COOK TIME: 60 min)
can Mutti Organic Chopped Tomatoes
(rinsed well and drained)
butter or 3 tbsp olive oil
sliced spicy sausage chorizo style
Salt and pepper to taste
chopped coriander or parsley
Share the ingredient list
Lentil and feta pomidor chigirtma: Method
- Place lentils into a small saucepan, cover with water and cook over low heat until all the water is absorbed, turn the heat off and set aside.
- Melt butter over medium-high heat in a heavy skillet such as a cast-iron pan.
- Add the onion and garlic, then reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 5-6 minutes or until fragrant and slightly browned. Add sliced sausage and cook stirring for 2-3 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add Mutti Chopped Organic Tomatoes, then cover with a lid and cook over medium-low heat for 10-12 minutes.
- Mix in the lentils, season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- With the back of a spoon, press to create 4-6 wells in the tomato-lentil mixture, then carefully crack an egg into each well, sprinkle with feta and cover the pan. Cook for another 5-7 minutes or until eggs are just set.
- Sprinkle with coriander or parsley and serve with crusty sourdough bread.