Margarita pizza with chopped tomatoes
Made with Mutti Polpa
Mutti Polpa Finely Chopped Tomatoes is a unique product that combines the juice of the tomato with its thinly diced flesh, and is able to retain all the freshness of just picked fruit. A very versatile product, Mutti Polpa is perfect for both quick cook dishes and dishes that cook slowly or at high temperatures. It takes 5kg of fresh tomatoes to make 1kg of Mutti Polpa. It is made by the patented Mutti cold crushing method which ensures it retains all the flavour and fragrance of a ripe tomato (and is still a closely guarded secret to this day!).
15 min (COOK TIME: 15 min)
wholemeal pita breads
400 tin Mutti Polpa Finely Chopped Tomatoes
ball of fresh mozzarella, torn
- 4 of fresh basil
Share the ingredient list
Margarita pizza with chopped tomatoes: Method
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- In a bowl, mix the crushed tomatoes, oregano, sugar and a generous pinch of sea salt.
- Place the pita bread on a lined baking tray and brush edges lightly with olive oil.
- Divide tomato mixture amongst the 4 pita breads and spread evenly with the back of a spoon. Add the torn mozzarella, basil leaves and another drizzle of olive oil.
- Cook for 10 - 15 minutes or until the cheese has melted slightly and the edges are browned and crisp.