One pot penne with tuna, olives and capers
Made with Mutti Polpa
Mutti Polpa Finely Chopped Tomatoes is a unique product that combines the juice of the tomato with its thinly diced flesh, and is able to retain all the freshness of just picked fruit. A very versatile product, Mutti Polpa is perfect for both quick cook dishes and dishes that cook slowly or at high temperatures. It takes 5kg of fresh tomatoes to make 1kg of Mutti Polpa. It is made by the patented Mutti cold crushing method which ensures it retains all the flavour and fragrance of a ripe tomato (and is still a closely guarded secret to this day!).
20 min (COOK TIME: 20 min)
A few chilies
(according to taste)
of pitted olives
x 400g tin Mutti Polpa Finely Chopped Tomatoes
dry white wine
Monini Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt and pepper for seasoning
Share the ingredient list
One pot penne with tuna, olives and capers: Method
- Heat up the oil in a large heavy based pan, add spring onion, chili and garlic and cook for 1 minute
- Deglaze with wine and cook out the alcohol (1-2 minutes) then add penne, tuna, capers and olives and stir
- Add Mutti Polpa and cover the pasta with enough water so that it is submerged by 3-4cm.
- Season with salt and cook for 9-10 minutes or until the pasta is al dente, stirring occasionally.
- In this time the liquid will have mostly evaporated creating a thick and luscious sauce. If it seems too liquid turn the heat up during the last minute of cooking to allow for the water to evaporate.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust accordingly. Top with a few parsley leaves serve hot.