Oyster loaf made with chopped tomatoes
Made with Chopped tomatoes
Mutti Polpa Finely Chopped Tomatoes is a unique product that combines the juice of the tomato with its thinly diced flesh, and is able to retain all the freshness of just picked fruit. A very versatile product, Mutti Polpa is perfect for both quick cook dishes and dishes that cook slowly or at high temperatures. It takes 5kg of fresh tomatoes to make 1kg of Mutti Polpa. It is made by the patented Mutti cold crushing method which ensures it retains all the flavour and fragrance of a ripe tomato (and is still a closely guarded secret to this day!).
10 min (COOK TIME: 10 min)
400 tin of Mutti Polpa Finely Chopped Tomatoes
(or as many as you like)
Extra Virgin Olive oil
Ciabatta or sough dough bread
(as much or little as you crave)
Lemon to serve
Share the ingredient list
Oyster loaf made with chopped tomatoes: Method
- Add the diced garlic into a frying pan over a medium heat with half the olive oil. Allow to cook for a little until the garlic infuses into the oil.
- Drizzle a little oil over the oysters with some garlic and place them onto the BBQ / hob.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan and the tin of Mutti Polpa and cook so it simmers and warms up.
- Heat your bread gently whilst the mussels cook.
- Assemble your dish by adding the cooked oyster to your bread with sauce scooped onto it.
- Squeeze some lemon juice and salt as desired. Enjoy just as it is or add some of your favourite cheese to the warm bread and get dipping.