Pita bread pizza margherita
Made with Polpa
Mutti Polpa keeps all the freshness of freshly picked tomatoes. This unique product combines the finely cut pulpy part of the fruit with its own juice.
15 min (COOK TIME: 15 min)
wholemeal pita breads
400 tin Mutti Polpa Finely Chopped Tomatoes
ball of fresh mozzarella, torn
- 4 of fresh basil
Share the ingredient list
Pita bread pizza margherita: Method
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- In a bowl, mix the crushed tomatoes, oregano, sugar and a generous pinch of sea salt.
- Place the pita bread on a lined baking tray and brush edges lightly with olive oil.
- Divide tomato mixture amongst the 4 pita breads and spread evenly with the back of a spoon. Add the torn mozzarella, basil leaves and another drizzle of olive oil.
- Cook for 10 - 15 minutes or until the cheese has melted slightly and the edges are browned and crisp.