Tomato tarte tatin made with peeled tomatoes
Made with Whole peeled tomatoes
The Mutti Peeled Tomatoes are harvested at the height of the summer and are delicately peeled with steam, to capture all the flavour and scents of fresh tomatoes. Firm and fleshy, they are immersed in a creamy sauce. Peeled tomatoes are particularly versatile in the kitchen as you can use them in their sauce, whole or cut into pieces or slices, and are suitable for recipes requiring long and short cooking times. They are ideal for bringing out the best in traditional Mediterranean dishes and will become the main attraction in your Sunday meals.
1h 40 min (COOK TIME: 1h / PASSIVE TIME: 40 min)
frozen puff pastry dough sheets
Mutti peeled tomatoes
(peeled and sliced)
potato or corn starch
honey or brown sugar
(with a little zest)
vanilla extract or sugar
Share the ingredient list
Tomato tarte tatin made with peeled tomatoes: Method
- Defrost the dough sheets according to package directions.
- Separate the plum tomatoes from their juice.
- Pour the juice, honey and sugar into a frying pan and boil for 3–5 minutes so that the sauce becomes slightly caramelized.
- Sprinkle the starch over the apple slices and add them to the pan. Continue to boil for a few more minutes, stirring every now and then. Pour into a flat-bottomed ø 22 cm baking dish. Halve the plum tomatoes and put them in the dish. Let cool.
- Heat the oven to 200°C.
- Using a rolling pin, roll out the puff pastry dough to the size of the baking dish, then place it over the the tomato-apple filling. Push the edges of the pastry a few centimeters below the filling. Brush the pastry with beaten egg and prick its surface with a fork in a few places.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 25 minutes, until the pastry has a beautiful color and is done.
- After taking it out from the oven, let the tart rest for 15 minutes before upending onto a serving platter.
- Mix together the sauce ingredients and serve it with the warm tarte tatin.