Easy tomato soup made with peeled tomatoes
Made with Whole peeled tomatoes
The Mutti Peeled Tomatoes are harvested at the height of the summer and are delicately peeled with steam, to capture all the flavour and scents of fresh tomatoes. Firm and fleshy, they are immersed in a creamy sauce. Peeled tomatoes are particularly versatile in the kitchen as you can use them in their sauce, whole or cut into pieces or slices, and are suitable for recipes requiring long and short cooking times. They are ideal for bringing out the best in traditional Mediterranean dishes and will become the main attraction in your Sunday meals.
onions, finely chopped
400 tin Mutti Peeled Tomatoes
Mutti Double Concentrated Tomato Paste
Generous sea salt
Ground black pepper, to taste
Share the ingredient list
Easy tomato soup made with peeled tomatoes: Method
- Heat oil over medium heat in a saucepan.
- Cook onions and garlic stirring for 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, vegetable stock, tomato paste and pepper.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until slightly thickened
- Puree with a hand stick blender or ordinary blender.
- Serve warm with a melted cheese toasted sandwich.