Tomato tarte tatin
Made with Pelati
Peeled Tomatoes are generously fleshy and firm. They have their skins removed and are then immersed in a delicious, velvety passata.
100 min (COOK TIME: 60 min / PASSIVE TIME: 40 min)
frozen puff pastry dough sheets
Mutti peeled tomatoes
(peeled and sliced)
potato or corn starch
honey or brown sugar
(with a little zest)
vanilla extract or sugar
Share the ingredient list
Watch Tomato tarte tatin
Tomato tarte tatin: Method
- Defrost the dough sheets according to package directions.
- Separate the plum tomatoes from their juice.
- Pour the juice, honey and sugar into a frying pan and boil for 3–5 minutes so that the sauce becomes slightly caramelized.
- Sprinkle the starch over the apple slices and add them to the pan. Continue to boil for a few more minutes, stirring every now and then. Pour into a flat-bottomed ø 22 cm baking dish. Halve the plum tomatoes and put them in the dish. Let cool.
- Heat the oven to 200°C.
- Using a rolling pin, roll out the puff pastry dough to the size of the baking dish, then place it over the the tomato-apple filling. Push the edges of the pastry a few centimeters below the filling. Brush the pastry with beaten egg and prick its surface with a fork in a few places.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 25 minutes, until the pastry has a beautiful color and is done.
- After taking it out from the oven, let the tart rest for 15 minutes before upending onto a serving platter.
- Mix together the sauce ingredients and serve it with the warm tomate tarte tatin.