Aubergine involtini with Parma ham
Mutti passata provides a simple sauce straight from the bottle, which provides a sweet and velvety contrast to the salty Parma ham and zesty parmesan topping.
Made with Passata
Sweet and creamy, the classic Passata is the most convenient way to use tomatoes. It’s ideal for short cooking time recipes in which it maintains its bright red color. You only need to heat it up to give a creamy texture to your recipes with eggs, white meat or to prepare a quick sauce for your pasta. At the table, its sweetness and velvety texture will make everyone happy, even the youngest.
40 min (COOK TIME: 25 min / PREP TIME: 15 min)
salt and pepper
Share the ingredient list
Watch Aubergine involtini with Parma ham
Aubergine involtini with Parma ham: Method
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C gas 6.
- Prepare aubergines by trimming the edges, then cut into 5mm slices lengthways. Drizzle both sides of each slice with some oil and season.
- Heat a griddle pan over a high heat until very hot and cook the aubergines for 2-5 minutes on each side until char lines appear. Put on a plate and set aside.
- Remove the Parma from the packaging and place one slice on top of each of the aubergine slices. Then roll each slice together so that the Parma ham is on the inside.
- Pour the Mutti Passata onto a baking dish and place all of the aubergine and Parma ham rolls on top making sure that they are half-coated in the sauce.
- In a separate bowl using your hands, mix together the topping ingredients and sprinkle over the top of the aubergine and Parma ham rolls.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until the top is golden and the sauce is bubbling.