Gnocchi alla siciliana made with sieved tomatoes
Made with Passata
Sweet and creamy, the classic Passata is the most convenient way to use tomatoes. It’s ideal for short cooking time recipes in which it maintains its bright red color. You only need to heat it up to give a creamy texture to your recipes with eggs, white meat or to prepare a quick sauce for your pasta. At the table, its sweetness and velvety texture will make everyone happy, even the youngest.
30 min (COOK TIME: 30 min)
hot red chilli pepper
extra virgin olive oil
Share the ingredient list
Gnocchi alla siciliana made with sieved tomatoes: Method
- Trim the aubergine and dice. Heat the oil in a frying pan and gently fry the garlic, the aubergine pieces and a little hot pepper.
- Cook for about 20 minutes, stirring every so often. Add the white wine and let it reduce over a gentle heat.
- Next, add the passata and cook for a further 10 minutes; finally, add a little parsley and the basil.
- Meanwhile, cook the gnocchi in plenty of salted boiling water, drain when they come to the surface and top with the prepared sauce.
- Lastly, add the diced mozzarella, mix, and serve hot.
- As a variation, you can also add a handful of finely chopped walnuts to the sauce. Instead of the mozzarella, you can use pecorino shavings.