Mascarpone shells with garlic and herb
This quick but luxurious baked pasta dish uses Mutti Passata for a sweet and velvety sauce, straight from the bottle, which is the perfect complement to the creamy and cheesy pasta shells.
Made with Passata
Sweet and creamy, the classic Passata is the most convenient way to use tomatoes. It’s ideal for short cooking time recipes in which it maintains its bright red color. You only need to heat it up to give a creamy texture to your recipes with eggs, white meat or to prepare a quick sauce for your pasta. At the table, its sweetness and velvety texture will make everyone happy, even the youngest.
50 min (COOK TIME: 35 min / PREP TIME: 15 min)
large pasta shells
fresh lemon zest
dried mixed herbs
freshly ground black pepper
fresh basil leaves
Share the ingredient list
Watch Mascarpone shells with garlic and herb
Mascarpone shells with garlic and herb: Method
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius and lightly grease a deep baking dish.
- Cook pasta shells according to instructions in salted water (until they are al dente as we will finish in the oven).
- Once cooked, strain the pasta and set aside to cool slightly.
- In a bowl, combine the mascarpone, mozzarella, garlic, mixed herbs, lemon zest, salt and pepper.
- Pour Mutti Passata evenly across the bottom of the baking dish.
- Fill each shell with the mascarpone filling and place in the baking dish.
- Sprinkle the parmesan over the top and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Once cooked, scatter over some fresh basil leaves and serve.