Tomato bruschetta with anchovy and mozzarella
Made with Double concentrated tomato paste
The Double Concentrated Tomato Puree is bold, dense and intense, and in its various versions is ideal to enhance the colour, taste and texture of your dishes. This is a traditional product as its resistance to long cooking times makes it ideal for ragù sauce and stews, but it is surprisingly successful in bringing out the best in quicker, more creative recipes: from the dressing of pies and quiches, to delicious side sauces and tasty pestos with pasta. It takes 5.5 kg of fresh tomatoes to make 1 kg of Double Concentrated Tomato Puree.
20 min (COOK TIME: 20 min)
For the anchovy & sun dried tomato paste
Mutti Double Tomato Paste
dried chilli flakes
sundried tomatoes & a dash of olive oil from the jar
For the bruschetta
French baguette stick, cut into thick
buffalo mozzarella, sliced
Olive oil, to drizzle
of Fresh basil
Dried chilli flakes
Sea salt & pepper
Share the ingredient list
Tomato bruschetta with anchovy and mozzarella: Method
- Heat the grill to 180 degrees.
- Place baguette slices onto lined baking trays, drizzle with olive oil and pop into the oven to brown.
- In a food processor, add all the paste ingredients, until well combined. Set aside anchovy & sun-dried tomato paste.
- Spread a generous amount of paste onto each toasted baguette slice, top with a slice of buffalo mozzarella and drizzle with olive oil.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves, dried chili flakes and a dusting of sea salt & pepper. Serve on a platter and eat immediately.
- Storage: anchovy & tomato paste will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.