Prawn Tostadas with a marie rose drizzle
Mutti tomato puree is used raw from the tube for a bold hit of flavour in the marie rose drizzle served with these grilled prawn tostadas.
Made with Double concentrated tomato paste
The Double Concentrated Tomato Puree is bold, dense and intense, and in its various versions is ideal to enhance the colour, taste and texture of your dishes. This is a traditional product as its resistance to long cooking times makes it ideal for ragù sauce and stews, but it is surprisingly successful in bringing out the best in quicker, more creative recipes: from the dressing of pies and quiches, to delicious side sauces and tasty pestos with pasta. It takes 5.5 kg of fresh tomatoes to make 1 kg of Double Concentrated Tomato Puree.
45 min (COOK TIME: 25 min / PREP TIME: 20 min)
Mutti Marie Rose sauce:
Mutti Double Concentrated Tomato Puree
Juice of ½ a lemon
pack of 10 small corn tortillas
Olive oil for brushing
pack king prawns
lime juice and zest
(finely chopped (to taste))
Olive oil for drizzling
Pickled red onion
stems fresh coriander
Share the ingredient list
Watch Prawn Tostadas with a marie rose drizzle
Prawn Tostadas with a marie rose drizzle: Method
- Preheat oven to 200˚C.
- In a bowl add the prawns, finely chopped chilli, juice and zest of a lime and garlic. Season to taste and drizzle with olive oil. Marinate for 10-15 minutes, while preparing the rest of the ingredients.
- For the Mutti Marie Rose sauce, place all the ingredients in a bowl and stir together. Set aside.
- Lay the corn tortillas on a parchment paper-lined baking tray and lightly brush both sides with olive oil. Bake for 5 mins on each side until brown and crispy. Set aside.
- Then turn your grill to high heat and grill the prawns over high heat for a total of 4-6 minutes, flipping halfway through. You'll know the prawns are done when they turn pink.
- To serve, add a few avocado slices on the centre of the tostadas, a few of the grilled prawns, a small amount of the pickled red onions and some fresh coriander stalks. Then drizzle all over with Mutti Marie Rose sauce and add a lime wedge on the side.