Grilled eggplant with herbs and tomatoes
A vegeterian dish for long Sunday afternoons.
Made with Pelati
Peeled Tomatoes are generously fleshy and firm. They have their skins removed and are then immersed in a delicious, velvety passata.
45 min (COOK TIME: 25 minutes / PREP TIME: 20 minutes)
Mutti whole peleed tomatoes
green pitted olives
grated pecorino cheese
extra virgin olive oil
Share the ingredient list
Grilled eggplant with herbs and tomatoes: Method
- Cut the white part of the spring onion into thin slices and sauté them in a pan with a couple of tablespoons of oil.
- Add the Mutti Pelati and cook for about 10 minutes, letting the sauce reduce.
- Season with salt.
- Cut the aubergines into 3 mm thick slices.
- Grill them on a hot cast iron plate on both sides.
- Chop the capers and olives, combine the mince in a bowl, add the breadcrumbs and pecorino.
- Season with a drizzle of oil and plenty of julienned basil.
- Soften with a couple of tablespoons of tomato sauce.
- Stuff the aubergine slices with a little filling, close them in a half-moon shape and place them in an ovenproof dish.
- Cover them with the sauce, sprinkle them with oil, sprinkle them with pine nuts and put them in the oven for 10 minutes at 170 °C.
- Serve hot or warm with fresh chopped basil.