Livornese-Style Salt Cod
Livornese-Style Salt Cod is a second fish dish typical of Tuscan cuisine. The taste of Italian tradition to eat with good bread.
Made with Pelati
Peeled Tomatoes are generously fleshy and firm. They have their skins removed and are then immersed in a delicious, velvety passata.
50 min (COOK TIME: 25 min / PREP TIME: 25 min)
Desalted and soaked cod
Mutti Peeled tomatoes
extra virgin olive oil
Share the ingredient list
Livornese-Style Salt Cod: Method
- Soak the cod for a few hours, changing the water often. Even if you have purchased desalted cod, it is always better to do this step.
- With tweezers remove any bones and cut it into pieces of about 5/7 cm.
- Crush the garlic and chop the Mutti Peeled Tomatoes.
- Put the oil in a pan, add the garlic and parsley and seal the pieces of cod on both sides.
- Remove the garlic and parsley, blend with the white wine, and add the red chili.
- Add the black olives and chopped Mutti peeled tomatoes, close with a lid and cook over low heat for 25 minutes, shaking the pan from time to time. From now on, the cod must not be turned over to avoid crushing it.
- Sprikle oregano before plating the cod covering it with a couple of spoonfuls of the delicious tomato staight from the pan.