Aubergine boats with tomatoes and crunchy bread
Made with Pelati
Peeled Tomatoes are generously fleshy and firm. They have their skins removed and are then immersed in a delicious, velvety passata.
30 min (COOK TIME: 10 min / PREP TIME: 20 min)
Mutti Peeled Tomatoes
extra virgin olive oil
Share the ingredient list
Aubergine boats with tomatoes and crunchy bread: Method
- Wash and cut the aubergines lengthwise.
- Blanch them in lightly salted boiling water for 7-8 minutes, then drain well.
- Make a cross-shaped cut inside with a sharp knife.
- Arrange them on a baking tray.
- Coarsely chop the Mutti peeled tomatoes, strain them through a sieve and set the juice aside, together with the juice left in the tin after opening.
- Season with two tablespoons of oil, a pinch of salt and the oregano.
- Put the tomato sauce in the pan with a drizzle of oil and the sliced garlic.
- Place the aubergines on top, sprinkle with the seasoned peeled tomatoes and bread cubes and bake at 180°C for 10 minutes.
- Add the chopped mozzarella cheese and bake for a further 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with a julienne of fresh basil and serve.