A warm vegan stew enriched with a tasty tomato sauce and aromatics: an healty source of fiber and vegetal protein.
Made with Pelati
Peeled Tomatoes are generously fleshy and firm. They have their skins removed and are then immersed in a delicious, velvety passata.
1h 10 min (COOK TIME: 1h / PREP TIME: 10 min)
Mutti Peeled Tomatoes
Mutti Double Concentrated Tomato Paste
Extra virgin olive oil
of toasted bread on the side
Share the ingredient list
Lentils Stew: Method
- Place lentils in a fine mesh colander and rinse under cold running water to remove any dirt and debris. Discard any shriveled lentils and place them in a bowl filled with cold water for at least 2 hours.
- Finely chop the onion. Peel the carrot and remove the stringy part of the celery, then finely chop both the carrot and the celery.
- Heat a pan with a drizzle of olive oil and add the chopped onion, carrot and celery. Fry them off for a few minutes then add the drained lentils, so the flavours can mix together.
- Add the Mutti Peeled Tomatoes and Tomato Concentrate to the pan, followed by the vegetable broth and add a sprinke of pepper. Bring to the boil, add two bay leaves and cook on a low heat for 45/60 minutes. (Check the cooking time of the lentils you are using, they must be cooked al dente)
- Toast your bread and garnish your Lentil Stew with a drizzle of olive oil and a dash of pepper.