Maccheroni alla Norma
Made with Cherry Tomatoes
Mutti Cherry Tomatoes complement your food with their rich, sweet and intense flavor. They grow in southern Italy, where they are harvested and sorted carefully to maintain their incredible taste and freshness. They are perfect for fish dishes or to bring tomato flavor to your focaccias, pastas and sauces.
45 min (COOK TIME: 45 min)
Mutti Cherry Tomatoes
(cut into cubes)
salted ricotta cheese
(for deep frying)
extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper
leaves of basil
(torn into pieces)
Share the ingredient list
Maccheroni alla Norma: Method
- In a large frying pan, heat the olive oil.
- Add the minced garlic and Mutti Cherry Tomatoes. Cook for about 6-7 minutes, stirring occasionally and season with a pinch of salt and ground black pepper to taste.
- In a separate pan, heat the vegetable oil and once the oil reaches the appropriate temperature, deep fry the cubed eggplants until they turn golden brown. Remove the fried eggplants from the oil and place them on absorbent paper to drain any excess oil.
- Then add them to the cherry tomato sauce along with torn basil leaves.
- Bring salted water to a boil and cook the Maccheroni until they are al dente, then drain them.
- Add the Maccheroni to the sauce with eggplants and toss them together over medium heat for about 3 minutes. To serve, plate the Maccheroni and top each serving with a generous grating of salted ricotta cheese. Enjoy your delicious Maccheroni alla Norma!