Spaghetti with Clams and Cherry Tomatoes
Made with Cherry Tomatoes
Mutti Cherry Tomatoes complement your food with their rich, sweet and intense flavor. They grow in southern Italy, where they are harvested and sorted carefully to maintain their incredible taste and freshness. They are perfect for fish dishes or to bring tomato flavor to your focaccias, pastas and sauces.
30 min (COOK TIME: 30 min)
Mutti Cherry Tomatoes
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Share the ingredient list
Spaghetti with Clams and Cherry Tomatoes: Method
- Place the clams in a large container, add cold water and a spoonful of salt and leave for two hours so that the clams expel all the sand
- Place a clove of garlic in a pan with a drizzle of oil, a few sprigs of parsley, and the clams. Cover with a lid, and cook them over a medium / high heat, turning off the heat as soon as they open. Keep a few shells aside for decoration and de-shell the rest of the clams. Filter the water with a strainer and a cheesecloth to remove any leftover sand.
- Finely slice a clove of garlic and place it in a pan with 30g of extra virgin olive oil. Add the Mutti Cherry Tomatoes, a sprinkle of salt, and, if you like, a pinch of chili pepper. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Cook the spaghetti for half of the cooking time reported on the pack, then add them to the pan with the cherry tomatoes using tongs. Add the clam water and continue cooking the pasta as if it were a risotto for the remaing cooking time of the spaghetti, while gradually adding ladles of the pasta cooking water.
- When the pasta is al dente and the sauce is creamy, add the clams, chopped parsley and serve hot with a drizzle of oil. Serve it hot!