Tomato artichoke Trastevere
Made with Cherry tomatoes
Mutti Cherry Tomatoes complement your food with their rich, sweet and intense flavor. They grow in southern Italy, where they are harvested and sorted carefully to maintain their incredible taste and freshness. They are perfect for fish dishes or to bring tomato flavor to your focaccias, pastas and sauces.
of Mutti Cherry Tomatoes
Juice of lemon
Olive oil for cooking
Share the ingredient list
Tomato artichoke Trastevere: Method
- To make the vinaigrette, add the Mutti Cherry Tomatoes, diced garlic, lemon juice (saving a little for the artichoke) into a small saucepan. Bring it to the boil and then simmer whilst you prepare your artichokes.
- To prepare the artichokes, trim each stalk and snap off the first few layers of leaves until you start to see a yellow-green base.
- Rub the whole artichoke globes with lemon, then trim the whole globe by a third.
- Quarter the artichokes and remove the fluffy middle.
- Pull the leaves apart gently, fry in vegetable oil for about 8-10 until they are golden and crispy.
- Sprinkle with salt and then serve warm with your Mutti vinaigrette.