Tomato Orecchiette with Aubergine and Ricotta
Made with Cherry tomatoes
Mutti® Cherry Tomatoes complement your food with their rich, sweet and intense flavor. They grow in southern Italy, where they are harvested and sorted carefully to maintain their incredible taste and freshness. They are perfect for fish dishes or to bring tomato flavor to your focaccias, pastas and sauces.
10 min (COOK TIME: 10 min)
smoked ricotta goat’s cheese
(or similar, e.g. smoked mozzarella)
Mutti® Cherry Tomatoes (Ciliegini)
continental spring onion
(or 2 spring onions)
extra virgin olive oil
Share the ingredient list
Tomato Orecchiette with Aubergine and Ricotta: Method
- Boil the fresh orecchiette in plenty of salted water.
- Meanwhile, peel the eggplant and cut it into small cubes, then sauté it in a little oil with the garlic. Once the cubes have browned, remove from the heat and add a basil leaf.
- Prepare the tomato base by browning the spring onion in hot oil and adding Mutti® Cherry Tomatoes (Ciliegini).
- As soon as the pasta is ready, drain it and add it to the eggplant: toss together over the heat to flavour all the pasta.
- Put the orecchiette with the eggplant onto a plate with the small vine tomato sauce, a few basil leaves and the grated smoked cheese.