10 min (COOK TIME: 25-30 min / PREP TIME: 10 min)
of extra virgin olive oil
large garlic cloves
Mutti® Organic Diced Tomatoes
chicken or vegetable broth
Parmigiano Reggiano rind
large head of Lacinato kale
(stemmed, washed thoroughly, and chopped or cutslivers)
(drained and rinsed)
crushed red pepper
freshly ground black pepper
Parmigiano Reggiano for serving
Share the ingredient list
Tuscan Kale & Beans Soup with Lemon & Diced Tomato: Method
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large, heavy soup pot. Add the garlic and a little salt and crushed red pepper, if desired, and cook, stirring, until fragrant and golden, about 30 seconds.
- Stir in the Mutti® Organic Diced Tomatoes and juice from the can, lemon, and another pinch of salt and cook, stirring often, for 5 to 10 minutes, until the tomatoes have cooked down slightly.
- Add the chicken or vegetable stock and Parmigiano Reggiano rind and bring to a boil.
- Add the kale, lowering heat, and simmering for another 10 minutes, until the kale is tender and the soup is fragrant. Taste, adjust salt, and add pepper.
- Stir in the beans and heat through for 5 minutes. Serve, sprinkling with chopped parsley and some more cheese over each bowl.