Tomato and Parmigiano Spelt Biscuits
Made with Double concentrated tomato paste
When you need a strong and intense taste of tomato, tomato paste is your choice. It works together superbly with our other products to intensify the flavor and texture of the tomato.
15 min (COOK TIME: 15 min)
Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
cold butter, chopped
Mutti® Double Concentrated Tomato Paste (Doppio Concentrato)
Mutti® Crushed Tomatoes (Polpa)
(empty, 14 oz)
Share the ingredient list
Tomato and Parmigiano Spelt Biscuits: Method
- In a food processor, combine flour, parmesan, spelt, butter and salt. Blitz in short bursts, until the ingredients are combined and look like breadcrumbs.
- Add yolk, tomato paste and 1 ½ teaspoons iced water. Blitz until the ingredients come together to form dough.
- Use a spatula to scrape the dough from the food processor bowl, roll into a ball then place between two sheets of baking paper. Use a rolling pin to roll the dough out to a thickness of about half a centimetre. Carefully transfer to the fridge and chill for an hour.
- Preheat oven to 356ºF (320ºC fan). Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Use an empty Mutti Polpa tin to cut 24 rounds from the dough (you may need to re-roll the dough to make enough). Carefully transfer to prepared trays and bake for 12-15 mins until golden. Cool on wire racks for 5 minutes before serving with your favourite cheeses.