by Silvia Colloca
Made with Passata
Tomato Puree retains the bright red color of tomatoes and has a velvety composition with an intense but sweet taste.
60 min (COOK TIME: 60 min)
bottle of Mutti Passata
soft chorizo sausage taken out of its casing and chopped into small
celery stick, finely chopped
small brown onion, finely chopped
red capsicum, in one
of chickpeas rinsed
extra virgin olive oil
dry white wine
Salt and pepper, for seasoning
Celery to garnish
Share the ingredient list
Mediterranean chicken: Method
- Heat up 2 tablespoons of oil in a large, non-stick frying pan.
- Add the chicken and brown on both sides for 10 minutes, take the chicken out of the pan and drain the excess fat. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil, celery, onion and capsicum. Fry over medium heat for a few minutes, then add the chorizo and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the chicken back to the pan, deglaze with the wine and cook out the alcohol for 2 minutes. Add the chickpeas, rosemary, Mutti Passata and stock, and season well.
- Bring to a simmer, turn the heat to low and cook, lid on, for 40 minutes. Take the chicken out of the pan and set aside. Turn up the heat under the sauce and cook for a further 10 minutes to reduce by a third. Discard the capsicum and rosemary as their job is done, return chicken to the sauce.
- heat through and serve mediterranean chicken with freshly ground black pepper and baby celery leaves on top.