Italian Sausage and Sage Fettuccine
Made with Passata
Tomato Puree retains the bright red color of tomatoes and has a velvety composition with an intense but sweet taste.
30 min (COOK TIME: 30 min)
Italian pork sausages, removed from casings
of Monini Extra Virgin Olive Oil
eschalots, finely chopped
dry white wine
freshly grated parmesan
Coarse sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Share the ingredient list
Italian Sausage and Sage Fettuccine: Method
- Bring four litres of water to a boil for the fettuccine. Cook according to packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a medium frying pan on moderate - high temperature. Once hot, drop one sage leaf in, it should sizzle slightly if hot enough. Add remainder of sage and cook, turning occasionally until they are crisp. Drain them on paper towels, leaving the oil in the skillet.
- Add the chopped eschalot to the already warm pan and cook on moderate heat until translucent. Add the sausage mince and stir until browned.
- Add Passata and white wine and allow to cook for 10 mins or until sauce has thickened. Season with salt and pepper.
- Drain pasta and reserve a 1/2 cup of liquid. Toss through the pork mince and top with crispy sage leaves and freshly shaved Parmesan.