Grilled tuna with pico de gallo and avocado
Mutti Polpa is used straight from the tin to give rich texture and the taste of summer tomatoes in this pico de gallo, the perfect accompaniment to grilled tuna.
Made with Chopped tomatoes
The Mutti Chopped Tomatoes maintains all the freshness of freshly-harvested tomatoes. It’s a unique product because it is chopped especially finely for an abundance of tomato pieces in every bite and a rich, consistent texture. Mutti Polpa brings together the tomato juice and its most pulpy part, a feature which makes it ideally suited for long cooking times even at high temperatures, like in the oven. Alternatively, it captures the fresh flavour of perfectly ripe tomatoes so well that it can be used straight from the tin in dishes like bruschetta or salsas. It is also ideal for homemade pizza, for recipes with meat, vegetables and legumes and to dress fresh durum wheat pasta or egg pasta
30 min (COOK TIME: 15 min / PREP TIME: 15 min)
half a fresh cucumber
Share the ingredient list
Watch Grilled tuna with pico de gallo and avocado
Grilled tuna with pico de gallo and avocado: Method
- For the salsa, finely chop the shallot, avocado, cucumber and coriander. Place in a bowl.
- Add to the bowl, capers and Mutti Polpa (straight from the tin) plus the lime juice. Drizzle with olive oil, season to taste and mix. Set aside in the fridge.
- Meanwhile, preheat the grill pan to medium/high.
- Brush the tuna with olive oil and place on the grill pan. Cook for 4 minutes each side, so it remains pink in the centre.
- Serve the tuna with the pico de gallo topping and grilled sourdough toasts if desired.