Beans and toast made with chopped tomatoes
Mutti Polpa is simmered with hot paprika and cannellini beans for a spicy and smoky take on traditional beans on toast.
Made with Chopped tomatoes
The Mutti Chopped Tomatoes maintains all the freshness of freshly-harvested tomatoes. It’s a unique product because it is chopped especially finely for an abundance of tomato pieces in every bite and a rich, consistent texture. Mutti Polpa brings together the tomato juice and its most pulpy part, a feature which makes it ideally suited for long cooking times even at high temperatures, like in the oven. Alternatively, it captures the fresh flavour of perfectly ripe tomatoes so well that it can be used straight from the tin in dishes like bruschetta or salsas. It is also ideal for homemade pizza, for recipes with meat, vegetables and legumes and to dress fresh durum wheat pasta or egg pasta
30 min (COOK TIME: 20 min / PREP TIME: 10 min)
onion, finely chopped
hot smoked paprika
Mutti Polpa Finely Chopped Tomatoes
cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
flat leaf parsley, chopped
good quality bread
Share the ingredient list
Watch Beans and toast made with chopped tomatoes
Beans and toast made with chopped tomatoes: Method
- In a small pan heat the olive oil.
- Add the onion and cook until softened. Add the smoked paprika and cook for 1 minute more.
- Add the Mutti Polpa and cook for 3-5 minutes, until it starts to simmer.
- Add the cannellini beans to the tomato sauce and let it cook for 5 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to the grill setting.
- Toast the bread in the toaster and then top with a slice of the raclette cheese. Put under the grill for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbling.
- Top the cheesy toast with the beans. Sprinkle over the chopped parsley and drizzle with some olive oil.