Zuppa di trippa made with chopped tomatoes
Zuppa di Trippa is a delicious meal made of Mutti Polpa Finely Chopped Tomatoes.
Made with Chopped tomatoes
The Mutti Chopped Tomatoes maintains all the freshness of freshly-harvested tomatoes. It’s a unique product because it is chopped especially finely for an abundance of tomato pieces in every bite and a rich, consistent texture. Mutti Polpa brings together the tomato juice and its most pulpy part, a feature which makes it ideally suited for long cooking times even at high temperatures, like in the oven. Alternatively, it captures the fresh flavour of perfectly ripe tomatoes so well that it can be used straight from the tin in dishes like bruschetta or salsas. It is also ideal for homemade pizza, for recipes with meat, vegetables and legumes and to dress fresh durum wheat pasta or egg pasta
(COOK TIME: 60+ min)
of pre-cooked tripe
(to save 10+ hours in the kitchen cooking tripe, call your butcher ahead of time and they’ll cook it for you)
of Mutti Polpa Finely Chopped Tomatoes
large brown onion, diced
garlic finely chopped
Salt and pepper
Crusty bread to serve
Share the ingredient list
Zuppa di trippa made with chopped tomatoes: Method
- Saute onion and garlic until soft and translucent.
- Add your tripe and stir for around 10-15 mins until it is coated nicely and the fat starts to slowly render and melt.
- Add the rosemary, bay and cinnamon and continue stirring on a medium to high heat until the fat has been absorbed.
- Add your stock, making sure that it covers the tripe and then slowly reduce.
- Add your tins of Mutti Polpa, stir it all in and season (note: When seasoning that it will intensify as you reduce).
- Reduce heat and let it gently bubble away for 2 hours. If you need more liquid, rinse your Mutti Polpa tins with water and add as your dish cooks so that the trip is covered the entire time.
- At the end of the cooking time, the tripe will be tender, the sauce should be reduced and there will be a layer of red tomatoey fat on the surface ready to be mopped up with crusty pane di casa.